When it comes to makeup, today’s beauty consumers are in LOVE with their color cosmetics and routines. From how often she purchases to where she shops to her favorite brands and even how many eyeshadow colors she owns (a lot!). TBC asked consumers to open up their makeup bags and tell us everything—and did they ever. With responses from 7,000+ US beauty consumers, everything you could ever want to know about your makeup consumer is here!
- 99% have purchased skin, color, and hair products in past year
- 61% wear makeup everyday
- 60% say they LOVE makeup
- And one quarter of women won’t leave home without their makeup bags!
The one product she can’t live without Now (2019) vs. Then (2015)
- Mascara Lipstick
- Foundation Mascara
- Lipstick Her entire makeup bag!
The Trendiest Of Makeup Trends: Now (2019) vs. Then (2015)
- Natural shaped eyebrows/bold brows Soft neutral lips
- Glowing, radiant dewy skin Lip gloss/shine
- Glossy lip/wet looking lips Contoured cheeks
Why She Doesn’t Wear Makeup
- 45% feel they look just fine ‘as-is’ and don’t need it
- 31% say it’s not necessary everyday
- 23% feel it just takes too long to apply
- 18% makeup is only for special occasions
She takes her time
- 14% spend more than 30 minutes putting on her makeup
- 19% spend between 21-30 minutes
- 35% spend between 11 and 20 minutes
Color Cosmetics She Uses Regularly Today vs. in 2015
|89% Mascara||86% Eye shadow|
|76% Eye shadow||66% Mascara|
|71% Liquid foundation||50% Foundation|
|68% Concealer||52% Eye Liner|
|67% Blush||49% Lip Gloss|
Makeup Products She Using The Least?
- Lip primer (15%)
- Brow pomade (15%)
- False lashes (15%)
- Stick foundation (16%)
Click here to download the full .pdf of this infographic!